We are very happy to join the European Alliance for Transformative Therapies (TRANSFORM), a multi-stakeholder initiative aiming to foster effective dialogue around cell and gene therapy and provide evidence-based policy recommendations to enable safe and timely patient access to these therapies.
TRANSFORM is a multi-stakeholder Alliance that connects Members of the European Parliament and policy-makers with patient groups, medical experts and associations, scientists, researchers, industry actors, networks and other relevant stakeholders. EAHAD is represented by the association’s 2020-2022 President, Prof. Flora Peyvandi.
TRANSFORM developed a Consensus Statement in collaboration with patient advocates, medical experts and industry representatives to identify key areas for action to promote rapid patient access to potentially life-saving cell and gene therapies. The following six points represent a Call to Action to European decision-makers and are further detailed in the Consensus Statement:
– Reinforce a competitive clinical trials framework in Europe for cell and gene therapies.
– Disseminate best practices on innovative payment models that can support national governments to increase patient
access to transformative therapies.
– Enhance the infrastructure for the provision of cell and gene therapies in Europe.
– Enable cross-border patient access to transformative therapies.
– Promote the development of appropriate Health Technology Assessments (HTA).
– Promote a modern innovation ecosystem with effective incentives.
You can read the full Consensus Statement here.
Visit the TRANSFORM website here.